“The Top 10 Things I Learned in Siem Reap”
By: Sayrge Braccio
In June, Sayrge spent the day with a group of Grade 6 students from Knar School as a part of our Help for a Day Crafts Excursion Program. Here are his thoughts about his time spent in Siem Reap volunteering with PLF!
- The world is incredibly large and diverse, but we are all part of one human race and everyone deserves a quality education regardless of socioeconomic status.
- The people of Cambodia are INCREDIBLE – never ceasing to amaze with their hospitality and attitude despite difficult conditions.
- Don’t take anything for granted in life, every day is a blessing that should be celebrated.
- A little generosity goes a long way.
- Khmer food is delicious.
- You can make a difference, no matter how small your contribution.
- Volunteering can be fun!
- There is so much more to Cambodia than just Siem Reap.
- The most rewarding experiences occur when you leave your comfort zone.
- The Ponheary Ly Foundation is changing the world, one child at a time, and I am incredibly grateful to have been a part of it.