- Update on Tchey Sports Program By Jamie Stafford
2014 was my 7th year coming back to Cambodia and volunteering at the PLF. Although it was a short visit, much was packed in, as always, and I came away yearning for a longer visit next summer.
My visit began at Tchey School for an afternoon that will live long in my memory. After the ...
- The Delight that is Summer School at Knar By Jacqui Rawson
There is no squeal of delight as the school year comes to an end here in Cambodia. Instead, of the 400 students at Knar school, about 120 arrived well ahead of start time on the first day of summer school and they keep turning up every day as summer progresses.
A summer school ...
- Caroline & Katie Volunteer Report PLF was excited to have the Stafford family with us again this summer. Here is Caroline and Katie’s report on their loom bracelet project.
- Koh Ker Treks, Focused on Developing to Succeed. By Jacqui Rawson
Koh Ker Treks is a recently established tourism enterprise set up for graduates of the Srayang dormitory in Koh Ker by the Ponheary Ly Foundation.
The graduates, Dieb and Ty lead the tours through Koh Ker, which is about 2 hours northwest of Siem Reap. The tours are the first in their area, which ...
- Globalteer Games – a Mini Olympics-Type Sporting Event By Jacqui Rawson
PLF students joined a group of over 700 students from around Siem Reap who took part in this junior, mini olympics-type event over the weekend. Run for the second year in a row, it was another resounding success because once again, the students had an absolute ball!
Countries were chosen and represented by students ...
Read all News from the Field »